Masterclass: How to make 2016 your best writing year yet with Lorna V
Lorna V is a journalist, journalism lecturer, writing coach and writer-performer. She has written Psychologies magazine’s first branded book Real Confidence (published by Capstone/Wiley in January 2016), and is currently working on Real Ambition. As a journalist she has contributed widely to broadsheets and tabloids, glossies and weeklies. Her editing experience includes four years heading Time Out’s Sell Out (lifestyle-consumer) section.
Lorna’s play Brandy Sour was short-listed for the Verity Bargate Award, and she was invited onto the Soho Theatre One Year Writers’ Attachment Programme. An extract from her recently completed novel has been published by the European University’s literary journal Cadences. She is currently writing two shows in which she will also act. She has performed at the Chelsea Arts Collective, the Lion & Unicorn theatre and Battersea Arts Centre in London.
After a decade as a lecturer and tutor on a postgraduate journalism course Lorna now specialises in three-day writing workshops guiding new writers of all ages and backgrounds to discover where their authentic voice lies and how they can best use this. She draws on her extensive career as a journalist as well as what she has learnt interviewing some of the world’s leading psychologists and personal development experts.
Also see details of her three-day workshop at the London School of Journalism
She kindly agreed to be interviewed for our first masterclass of the year: How to make 2016 your best writing year yet.
In this one hour session, Lorna will take about resolutions and intentions, goals and ambitions, dreams and fantasies: unravel what we want, what we can do, and where we want to be.
This is for you if:-
– You find that working out what you want to write and how you’re going to go about it sometimes drives you mad.
– You find that drawing up lists and sticking to the plan doesn’t always work.
– You get frustrated because your work in-progress has a mind of its own.
– You go from one extreme of no confidence to another extreme of total conviction – and then worry you live in fantasy land.
– You are getting in a muddle over what’s do-able, what to aim for and how big to dream.
Lorna’s masterclass is on January 4th 2016 8-9pm (via conference call)